2011年4月12日上海世茂皇家艾美酒店,中国的一流大学 上海大学 与 伦敦商业金融学院 签署了历史性的谅解备忘录,共同探讨在世界上建立一个卓越教育中心的可能性,该中心将落户上海--世界上增长最快的商业枢纽之一,该所新成立的学院将命名为 上海伦敦商业金融学院 ,定位为提供行政发展课程的卓越教育中心,并拟定于今年五月由双方学校代表共同商讨确定正式成立的时间表.
上海努力在2020年前发展成为世界级的国际金融与航运中心,LSBF的创始人及CEO Aaron Etingen先生在谈及这一新的合作办学模式时,说道:"我们非常乐意与上海大学合作,也充分相信LSBF创新的学术学习方法能成功培养上海的下一代领军人物,帮助他们更好地应对未来的挑战".
LSBF的国际学术总监Steve Letza博士表示:"LSBF 充分认识到由于行业发展需求,对如中国,新加坡及印度等新兴市场中高素质教育的需要也不断增加,我们秉承着普及教育的理念,已经开展了于世界各个战略地域开设更多学院的计划".
该谅解备忘录在上海于目前正在中国访问的伦敦金融城荣誉市长Alderman Michael Bear见证之下签署,他表示:"伦敦的教育质量始终名列前茅.因此,我很自豪地看到卓越的教育品质能够传输到中国--这掀开了两个城市教育合作的历史新篇章".
关于 LSBF 与上海大学:
1. LSBF 与上海大学业已达成共识,发展独特的协作关系,在上海与伦敦同时成立上海-LSBF学院.两所院校之间紧密的关系促成了这一合作,上海2010年世博会中伦敦形象的不断提升,也为该合作进一步铺平道路.
3. 开设的课程包括上海大学在伦敦开设的Global Local MBA,与LSBF在上海开设的专业会计及金融行政发展课程.
4. 这一独特的理念折射出上海大学办学愿景: 全球思维,地方行动.LSBF秉承以培养全球领袖为目标的办学理念.在这个教育中心里,东西方的领导力思维与哲学理念相遇交融,让国际化思维在特定地域得以应用展现.在金融中心城市培养这些将对市场发挥影响的人才,显得尤为重要,这也是这一联合协议的独特贡献所在.
6. LSBF被PQ Accountancy评为年度最佳学院;年度最佳讲师;并由英国边境管理局评为最高可信任等级的机构.LSBF发展迅速,旨在通过传统、网上及社会媒体等平台提供为满足日新月异的金融商业环境的发展需要的相关课程.
中国媒体接洽事宜,请联系 LSBF 上海市场主管 Venus Cheung
请发邮件至 firstname.lastname@example.org 或致电 +852 2159 9635
英国媒体接洽事宜,请联系 LSBF 新闻部主管 Gemmaine Walsh
email@example.com 或致电 0203 005 6022
非办公时间媒体接洽事宜,请发邮件至 firstname.lastname@example.org 或致电 0203 005 6022
East and West financial centres Unite for Historic New Global Business and Finance Education
A leading ChineseUniversity has today signed a historicMOU to partner with the London School of Business and Finance to study the possibility of establishing new centre of educational excellence in Shanghai - one of the world's fastest developing business hubs.
Shanghai University has chosen LSBF as its preferred global partner to share and combine LSBF's postgraduate executive development and professional examination programs and best teaching practises of ShanghaiUniversity's MBA education for the optimum learning experience.
The new institute, to be called the Shanghai London School of Business and Finance is structured as the education excellence centre for executive development programs and further discussion on its possible inauguration plan will be made from representatives of two schools in the coming May. A further school will also be opened in Londonby LSBF under the same name in February 2012 for delivering world-class MBA education from ShanghaiUniversity to the European and global markets.
The agreement, witnessed by the Lord Mayor of London on a trade visit to Shanghai, means thatthe two new centres of excellence willprovide a platform to share and develop greater understanding and collaboration betweenthe two cities, and ultimately the development of the next generation of corporate and financial professionals.
In line with Shanghai's ambitions to be recognised as an international financial and shipping centre by 2020, LSBF's founder and CEO, Aaron Etingen, said of the new joint venture, "We are delighted to be working with Shanghai University and are confident LSBF's innovative approach to academic learning will help mould Shanghai's future leaders and aid them in facing the challenges of tomorrow."
Dr SteveLetza, LSBF's Global Academic Director said "LSBF is well aware of the growing need for industry relevant, quality education providers in the emerging markets, such as China, Singapore and India. With our ethos of making education accessible to all, we have embarked on programme of opening campuses in strategic parts of the world." "Shanghai, with its rapidly developing economic business sector and need for well-educated professionals to help its continued expansion, was the perfect location" he added.
Professor Zhiming Ye, VP of Shanghai University said "in China, we aim to leverage the successful experience of LSBF for non-degree executive development and professional examination programs for building global business and finance talents to serve Shanghai future development. In London, we would like to have LSBF's support to combine our world-class MBA education with LSBF resources for the European and global markets".
The MOU was signed in Shanghai and witnessed byRt Hon Lord Mayor of London, Alderman Michael Bear, who is touring the region currently, "The quality of education offered in Londonis second to none. Therefore I am very proud to see that quality and excellence in learning being brought to China – a first in our respective histories," he said.
"Helping to forge relationships in both cities, we hope the unique partnership of this educational first will bring benefits to both city's economies and best practises." Bear concluded.
The MOU marks the beginning of a formal partnership between ShanghaiUniversity and LSBF and was signed by Roland Ng, and the VP of Shanghai University, Professor Zhiming Ye.
The Shanghai MBA was ranked as the 'most influential' MBA in China by China Daily in 2007 and in 2009 enjoyed the highest team overall evaluation mark by the China MBA Supervisory Committee for the fifth and sixth batches of MBA programs in China. LSBF have recently enjoyed international success with their innovative Global MBA – the first ever online MBA to be taught exclusively through Facebook.
About LSBF and ShanghaiUniversity :
1. LSBF and ShanghaiUniversity have agreed to develop a unique collaboration in agreeing to develop and launch a new Shanghai–LSBF Institute in both Shanghai and in London. This builds upon the close relationship between the two institutions and flows from the City of London profile at the Expo-2010 inShanghai. 2. The initial focus of the Centre will be to serve the future of Shanghai and its global talents needs by offering appropriate Shanghai and LSBF programmes in both cities, with the option to elect to complete and transfer studies and completion between the two centres and the two cities. 3. The programmes on offer will include the ShanghaiUniversity's Global Local MBA in London, and professional accountancy and finance executive development programmes in ShanghaifromLSBF. 4. The distinctive philosophy reflects the vision of the University of Shanghai to "Think Globally, Act Locally". LSBF enjoys a stated mission to develop students to become global leaders. It is this common commitment to provide a local access to global thinking that is to be presented in a Centre that permits the East to meet the West in leadership thinking and philosophy. This is particularly important in the financial centres and through the training and challenging of those who must be responsible for behaviour in those markets – a distinctive contribution of this joint-initiative. 5. The Shanghai MBA is one of a small number in China that is delivered entirely in English. The MBA was ranked as the 'most influential' MBA in China and enjoyed the highest team overall evaluation mark by the China MBA Supervisory Committee amongst the fifth and sixth batches of MBA programs in China. 6. LSBF has been voted the College of the Year by PQ Accountancy; lecturer of the Year; and enjoys Highly Trusted Status from UK Border Agency. A rapidly evolving school, LSBF is focussed on delivering courses for the ever changing financial and business landscape through traditional, online and social media platforms. 7. This is an exciting venture which will bring to London an education provision from one of the largest and leading universities in China. It will provide a platform to share and develop greater understanding and collaboration between these important cities in the development of the next generation of corporate leaders and finance professionals.
For UK media enquiries please contact Gemmaine Walsh, LSBF Head of News email@example.com or call 0203 005 6022 For out of hours media enquiries please call firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 005 6022 For China media enquiries please contact Venus Cheung, LSBF Shanghai Marketing Director email@example.com or call +852 2159 9635